We started out after naps today to get our outside yard work done. I started with weed eating around the cottage and drainage ditch. Then we took the chickens outside for some sun.
We are all still tired from the cold we had for the last few days. But we have some exciting news!!! We have had our first bloom in our front yard!
We also gave Sarah a hair cut or rather we started her hair cut, After almost a hour she was done sitting and laying but we got a huge amount of her hair off.
We all worked hard for about 4 hours and got about 2/3 rds of the yard work done. We hope to finish tomorrow and move on to planting flowers, tomatoes, blackberries, raspberries, and a bush.
We have not had the plow out in quite awhile and our field is starting to go from plowed back to a field lol. If we cant get the plow out tomorrow we will start doing the work by hand. That will be alot of hours but we need to get it done so we can plant. We have almost got the land to wear we can mow all the way around the field. That is one huge accomplishment.
We have also figured out the slope of the roof for the chicken coop and the dimensions for it. This is all we needed to start working on making it. After we get the roof frame up then its boarding everything up and painting
I no longer think we will get it done by the chicks 5 th week, which is next wens.This delay is ok, one thing I have learned in this homestead is that plans always change and failure happens often.
We are learning to brush off these little set backs and keep going.
Good Night, blessing be with y’all, love y’all!